Resolutions: What We’re Striving for in 2022
How are you setting into the new year? Do you feel invigorated by a fresh start? Or, are you cautious about what the future might bring? Either way, setting goals for 2022 is a great way to centre your intentions and clear your focus about what you, your body, and your mind need. That’s why we had a whole blog about vision boards! However, in today’s, we’re going to share with you our resolutions for the new year.
What are Resolutions?
Resolutions when a person resolves to:
- continue good practices
- change an undesired trait or behaviour
- accomplish a personal goal
- or, otherwise improve their life
They are a tradition most commonly followed in the Western world, and are made at the start of a new year. These promises originated as far back as Roman times as they made them to the Gods. Another example is in the medieval era, where knight took the “peacock vow” at the end of the Christmas season to re-affirm their commitment to chivalry.
So, what is the success rate? Well, it appears that approximately 40-50% of Americans participate in making New Year’s resolutions. But, of that percentage, only 46% were likely to succeed. Additionally, those who engaged in goal setting wherein their promise compromised of small measurable goals, were also less likely to fail.
Sticking to Your Goals
But, how exactly do you ensure you’re part of the 46%? Check out these tips!
- Make smaller resolutions. This is not a go big or go home scenario, especially if you want to succeed. Additionally, you need to make sure these goals are specific.
- Write down your goals. And, don’t forget to reflect on your progress!
- Share your goals. This holds you accountable, so it’s harder to back out.
- Plan your follow through. You know the end desire, but what steps do you need to take to get there?
- Celebrate the small successes. Those steps you just made are little bursts of encouragement to get you to the end!
Our Goals for 2022
So, what have we chosen as our resolutions? Well…
#1: More Sustainable
Last year, we were able to partake in Itza Media’s and WWF’s Learn to Save Our Planet Initiative. This year, we wish to continue supporting these educational agendas and collaborations. What’s more, we want to strive to create content that embraces reduce, reuse, recycle principles as we do our part to care for our planet.
- Support another initiative
- Use materials in our clubs which are recycled/upcycled
#2: More Accessible
Accessibility has always been a number one priority at Gooroo. After all, it’s part of our mission statement! In 2022, we hope to introduce more special education clubs. Additionally, we wish to improve our website features so that it supports all learners as well as add captioning to all our videos.
- Special Education Clubs
- Website accommodations
- Closed captioning
#3: More Creative
Rounding off our resolutions, we aim to embrace our creativity and imagination. We would love to customise our learning experiences for schools, and create a way in which classrooms could successfully integrate our content into their everyday use. Thus, inviting our learners, and ourselves, to think outside the box.
- Launch our pilot program
- Encourage the creativity of our Gooroos