Mercury Retrograde and Other Astrology
Do you know your star sign? How about your whole birth chart? Are you interested in the deep history and energy of astrology? With concepts such as mercury retrograde, this study aims to explain the world around us. In today’s blog, we’ll talk about these ideas and what forces they claim to have.
What is Astrology?
Astrology is a study that claims to have information about human affairs and earthly events. Astrologists discover this by studying the movement and relative positions of stars, planets, and other objects in space.
Dating back to at least 2000 BCE, some systems are still in use today. Western Astrology for example uses star patterns to form horoscopes. These explain aspects of a person’s personality and life events. Additionally, they track cosmic occurrences such as mercury retrograde.
Throughout history, astrology thought itself as a scholar tradition. Finding common place in academic circles, it often was in close relation with:
- Astronomy (natural science that studies outer space)
- Alchemy (very old branch of natural philosophy)
- Meteorology (major focus of weather forecasting)
Ultimately, the end of the 19th century saw the wide-scale adoption of the scientific method. Thus, researchers successfully challenged astrology on both theoretical and experimental grounds. Showing that these concepts have no scientific truth or power.
However, there was a new interest in the 1960s. Many still claim that understanding astrology helped them to unlock and harness power in their lives.
Key Concepts of Astrology
Understanding the following definition is they key to astrology.
- Elements: the energy substance of experience.
- Signs: primary energy patterns which show detailed qualities of experience.
- Planets: control energy flow and represent the dimensions of experience.
- Houses: the fields of experiences where certain energies will be most easily expressed and most directly encountered.
- Aspects: show the energy and strength of experience as well as how the energies within the individual react.
These five create a guide book to space. Combining them results in the language of energy known as astrology.
What is Mercury Retrograde?
Happening three times a year, the planet Mercury appears to travel backwards in the sky. “Retrograde” refers to the perceived backwards motion. Those practising astrology associate these times with confusion, delay, and frustration.
According to astrology, the planet rules communication in all forms. As well as activities close to communication. During Mercury Retrograde, it encourages people to remain flexible, patient, and understanding. It is not the time to make final decisions.
Some astrologers believe this event can lead to:
- Falling out with friends
- Experiencing misunderstandings
- Disrupted travel, logic, and communication
- Lost emails
- Delayed flights
They propose that in order to grow and do well, you should:
- Clean electronic devices and personal spaces with lavender.
- Meditate to reach a state of peace.
- Keep citrine or lapis lazuli nearby (these are thought of as healing crystal which aid communication)
- keep a journal to reflect on what you’re feeling
Don’t worry — we just left the last Mercury Retrograde at the end of June. But, the next one is coming up on the 28th of September.