Homemade Gift Ideas For All DIY Skill Levels
Would you believe it, we’re almost at the end of 2021. But, before we can bring in the New Year, there are still a few gift giving holidays on the calendar. Are you on a budget? Do you want to make a gift thats full of love AND kind to the environment? Then, look no further than this blog all filled with homemade gift ideas. Additionally, we’ve also broken them down into categories based on your DIY skill levels!
What is Homemade?
A homemade item (also known as a handicraft) is a wide variety of types of work made completely by ones hands. They can be either useful or decorative or sometimes both. Additionally, the use simple non-automated tools may also occur such as:
- Carving implements
These skills fall into the main sector of craft making. Additionally, it has its roots in rural crafts of ancient civilisations. Many crafts evolved from these practises, or are the same methods that have been practised for centuries. One of the oldest is Dhokra: a sort of metal casting that has existed in India for over 4,000 years.
Interested in learning these skills? Ultimately, their development relies on practise and patience. But, often they can be learned by anyone and everyone.
We’ve handily divided our homemade gifts ideas into three categories: beginner, intermediate, and expert.
New to homemade gifting? Then, why not:
- Play a Song. Learn the fundamentals of music reading with Liza W. Then, practise your gift receiver’s favourite tune.
- Make No-Bake Dog Treats. Have a furry friend? Then, this dog-friendly recipe is for you.
- Print a Design. Cut, carve, and print your own linocut designs at home! Make a small special edition of one-of-a-kind designs.
- Give a Gooroo Pass. Give the gift of learning this year with a Gooroo Pass. Unlock access to Gooroo Clubs and a plethora of other educational resources.
A bit more experienced in DIY? For a gift, you could:
- Write a Melody. Create a beautiful motif based on a shared memory.
- Create a Sentimental Book. Collect movie stubs, postcards, and other mementos from you and your gift receiver’s lives together.
- Paint A Masterpiece. Do they have a favourite artist? Then, why not try to replicate their most famous work.
- Bake Their Favourite Treat. We have a plethora of different recipes on our website.
Confident in your abilities? Then, these gift ideas are for you:
- Write a Song. Take your composing skills one step further by adding lyrics and accompaniment to your motif.
- Knit a Christmas Sweater. Luckily, we recently wrote a blog all about this to give you some helpful pointers!
- Design a Video Game. Get interactive with your story-telling and using your coding skills to design a personalised computer game.
- Create an Original Piece of Jewellery. Cut sheet metal & work with wire and beads to create a beautiful pair of earrings.
Remember, no matter what you decide is your homemade gift, this most important thing is the time and energy you put into creating it. Love and care are the best gifts you can give!